When I was a little girl, my grandmother was famous for her lemon pie. I was in awe of her and her baking ability. All these years later, I am fairly well known for my Chocolate Chip Cookies which are both low in fat and dairy-free. I don’t know many people who would turn down a Chocolate Chip Cookie. It is the ultimate comfort food; all that soft sweet chocolately goodness, makes for the perfect snack or dessert. These Chocolate Chip Cookies are lower in fat and hence in calories, but like anything in life, moderation is key.
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 1 pkg semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, cream oil, and sugars. Add egg whites and egg and mix well.
- Sift together dry ingredients, add to mixture, and mix.
- Add vanilla extract and chocolate chips.
- Mix until well blended.
- Spoon onto baking sheets lined with unbleached parchment paper.
- Bake in oven 8-10 minutes until golden in color.
- Remove and let cool on baking rack.
Makes 2 dozen cookies.