If you are not aware by now, I am an enormous fan of the 8Greens supplement. I take either one 8Greens tablet or two 8Greens gummies every day. I am a huge believer in the ingestion of greens and maintaining optimal health. I consume copious amounts of spinach, which I sauté in an iron skillet, a habit I developed after being diagnosed with anemia several years ago; I am no longer anemic. However, there are certain greens that I do not eat on a regular basis, such as Spirulina, Aloe Vera, Kale, Chorella, Wheat Grass, Barley Grass, and Blue-Green Algae, whose popularity exploded when I first began my nursing practice. 8Greens provides me with these nutrients, packed into 1 tablet, (which dissolves in water and tastes delicious), or my current preference: two 8Greens gummies, which I eat as a snack in the middle of the day or as a dessert, along with my other “gummies with benefits!”
This Banana Bread is popular in our home because it is both gluten-free and sugar-free (sweetened with a touch of maple syrup). It satisfies a sweet craving in a healthy way. I slice off a piece after dinner or enjoy it with my morning cup of Earl Grey Tea….delicious!
You don’t have to make this Banana Bread with an 8Greens tablet; you can just omit that part and use 1/4 cup of almond milk or oat milk. However, I love these tablets; it’s not a bad idea to add them to your daily regimen, especially now when we are heading into flu season, not to mention the home stretch of COVID. Let’s all stay as healthy as possible and strengthen our immunity in every way possible!
- 3 extra-ripe bananas, mashed
- ¼ cup of butter, melted (or you can sub coconut oil,
- canola oil or vegan margarine)
- ¼ cup of maple syrup
- 1 8Greens tablet, dissolved in ¼ cup water (or 1/4 cup almond or oat milk)
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 ¼ cups gluten-free flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 Fahrenheit and grease a standard loaf pan.
In a medium-large mixing bowl, combine all wet ingredients. In a
small bowl, combine all dry ingredients. Stir dry ingredients into wet mix until most of the lumps are gone, then pour batter into loaf pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out almost clean (the top should be golden).
- Alternatively, you can make cupcakes by dividing batter among
12 paper cases in a muffin pan and baking for 15 minutes (use
toothpick test if they need five more minutes).