I never shy away from recipes that are on the back of packages such as cereal boxes, chocolate chips, rice, etc. When I discovered Trader Joe’s peanut powder, which is outstanding by the way, I got to work on the recipe on the back. Every member of my family loves peanut butter and jelly, so I jumped at the opportunity to make cookies out of this powder! I love it when I choose a recipe that will be on repeat, and this one certainly gained that reputation. Melt in your mouth sweetness, this cookie is good as a snack or at the end of a meal. Moreover, if you have kids who love to bake, take them along for this one. They will love to make the thumbprints and fill them with jam!
- 2 sticks, or 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup peanut powder (you can order this one from amazon)
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 cup of fruit preserves for filling (I used raspberry)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy (3-5 minutes). Add egg and vanilla.
- Separately combine flour, peanut powder, salt, and baking soda. Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and mix until well combined.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place on parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Using your thumb, make indentations into each ball.
- Fill with 1/2 teaspoonfuls of jam, careful not to overfill.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
*Yields: 2 dozen cookies