Here is a scenario that many of us have experienced. It’s 5:00 PM and you have nothing prepared for dinner. You have a freezer full of meat and poultry but you are certainly not going to have hours to thaw and cook it.
Now consider the same scenario, but with the addition of an air fryer that happens to be sitting on your counter. I had heard stories of people taking frozen meat and poultry and cooking it to perfection in their air fryer. Daunted and skeptical, I decided to put it to the test…all for the sake of Fabulesley and my loyal subscribers! And the results are in: perfectly cooked, delicious and healthy, and all prepared well under an hour! Of course you can prepare these with thawed or fresh chicken, just adjust the cooking time to 5 minutes less.
1 package of chicken thighs (about 6-8 pieces)
- 3 tablespoons of Za’atar seasoning
- 1-2 tablespoons of Herbs de Provence or poultry seasoning.
- (You can combine 2 teaspoons of dried oregano, thyme, and rosemary)
- Olive Oil spray
- Preheat the air fryer to 375° F.
- Prepare the rub by combining the spices.
- Run the frozen chicken under hot water for about 3 minutes to separate the pieces.
- Spray the basket of the air fryer with olive oil.
- Spray the chicken pieces on both sides. Rub the spices all over the chicken to coat on all sides.
- Place in the air fryer basket.
- Dual cook (bake) at 375° F for 30 minutes, turning the chicken after the first 20 minutes.
- Remove and serve immediately! Enjoy!
Tap to Print
Enjoy your time with your parents, family and friends!!! Have fun!