If you are looking for a refreshing dessert that won’t pack on the pounds then you have just struck gold. Frozen blueberries, lemon zest and juice, a little honey and some water is all that goes into this light dessert that will satisfy any sweet craving.
Here is the recipe!
- 3 cups of fresh blueberries
- 2 tbsp of honey
- 1 tsp of lemon zest
- 3 tbsp of freshly squeezed lemon juice; 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup of water
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pour the rinsed blueberries out onto the parchment paper and separate them as much as possible. You may need to remove some items from a few of the blueberries.
- Place the blueberries into the freezer and freeze overnight or for at least 4-5 hours to get them fully frozen. When ready to make the sorbet, add the frozen blueberries to the bowl of a food processor, followed by honey, fresh lemon zest, freshly squeezed lemon juice, and water.
- Process the mixture until the blueberries become crumbly, pressing down the mixture with a spatula as needed. Continue to process until the mixture becomes more smooth and evenly processed.
- Once everything is smooth, taste for sweetness, and add additional honey as needed. You can serve this sorbet immediately or transfer it to an air-tight container and freeze it for a couple of hours for a harder consistency.