Five ingredients are all you will need to whip up this delicious gluten and sugar-free Italian Pistachio Cookies! Enjoy them as a breakfast on the go or an afternoon pick me up. These guilt-free cookies are a hit in these parts, and I suspect they will be at your house as well!
- 1 cup of almond flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups of pistachio flour (fresh ground pistachios)
- 1⁄4 cup of honey
- 1 1⁄2 cups of shelled pistachios, chopped
- 1/2 heaping cup of dries cranberries (optional)
- 2 egg whites
- Preheat oven to 325°C.
- In a food processor or blender, blend 1 cup of shelled pistachio nuts until it has been ground into a fine flour similar to the consistency of almond flour.
- Combine almond and pistachio flours and egg whites and mix well.
- Gently warm ¼ cup of honey on low or in a warm water bath (place the bottom of the measuring cup in a large bowl of very hot water) to make it easy to mix and stir into almond pistachio mix.
- At this step, if you find your mix is far too wet add more pistachio or almond flour ¼ cup or less at a time. You don’t want the mix too dry though, it should remain fairly moist, if you add too much flour you will need to balance this out with another egg white.
- On parchment paper, spread out 1-2 cups of chopped pistachios or other nut preference.
- Using a spoon, scoop out 1-2 inch balls and roll them into the chopped pistachios until fully coated.
- Flatten balls slightly with a fork or between your palms and bake for 12-15 minutes.