Never before have I tasted a roast beef that is more flavorful than this one. The secret to this roast beef standing high atop the rest is the marinade. Balsamic vinegar and dijon are all that you will need… plus some kosher salt and freshly ground pepper. I like to marinate this for at least 4 hours, that way the flavor gets absorbed into the beef and you will taste its deliciousness with every bite. Your preferred level of rareness for roast beef will determine the overall taste, and I would recommend going a little rarer than normal. If you are a meat lover, you will love this recipe… It’s the best roast beef you have ever tasted… hands up!
Ingredients for the Marinade for a 2 1/2-3 Pound Roast:
- 3 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground black pepper
- Combine the mustard, salt, and vinegar and spread evenly over the beef tops and sides. Sprinkle with the cracked pepper. Marinate for at least an hour.
- Remove from the fridge and preheat the oven to 500 degrees.
- Line a sheet pan with tin foil. Roast the beef for 40 minutes. 40 minutes for medium-rare, 35 minutes for rare and 45 minutes for medium… of course every oven varies. Remove from the oven and wrap tightly in aluminum foil and allow to rest in pan for 10 minutes.
- Slice and serve!