Everyone loves an easy recipe and this one for Asian Slaw is definitely that! Use prepackaged coleslaw and you have already cut the prep time by half! The dressing is delicious and other than some mincing of both garlic and ginger, there is really not much to do except measure and shake! This recipe is on our repeat list here in the Wolman kitchen, an I am sure it will be on yours as well. Add salmon or chicken or tofu and you have yourself a complete meal winner!
- 2 bags of prepackaged coleslaw
- 1/4 cup of sunflower seeds, or slivered almonds (or both!)
- 2 tablespoons of sesame seeds
- Italian parsley or cilantro for garnish
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of toasted sesame oil
- ¼ cup of rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of honey
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce (or GF alternative like Braggs or Coconut Amino Acids)
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced ( use a garlic press)
- 1 tablespoon of ginger, finely chopped
- Place the coleslaw into a large bowl.
- Whisk together the ingredients for the dressing.
- Toss to coat and add nuts and seeds. Toss again and garnish with parsley or cilantro.
Told you it was easy!