I was scrolling through YouTube for one bowl recipes and came across this colorful mini frittata recipe that was produced by an Italian food blogger. The mini frittata is the perfect food in so many ways. Y can serve it to a brunch crowd, it’s healthy on-the-go breakfast food, and it even serves up as the perfect snack. Low calorie and packed with protein, I think I have perfected the recipe here. Jeff can’t get enough of these. I prefer egg whites so I make mine yolk free, and if you are dairy-averse, just leave it out. The muffin tin provides the ability to customize your frittata!
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup of low-fat milk
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 cup of spinach chopped
- 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- In a medium saucepan heat oil, and sauté the onion until soft and translucent. Add the red pepper and cook until soft, about 7 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs. Add the milk and mix well.
- Add the chopped spinach, and grated cheese, if using. Now add the onion and red pepper mixture.
- Spray the muffin tin with non aerosol olive oil and ladle the mixture into the muffin tin.
- Bake at 350° F for 15 minutes or until tops are firm and slightly browned.
- Serve warm.