When my friend Jan Reichmann posted this on her Facebook page, I asked her for the recipe. She sent it over immediately and it is now added to my favorite cookies, especially at this time of year. Soft, moist and delicious. This cookie is a snap to prepare. It won’t last long, so double the recipe!
From the recipe box of Jan Reichmann:
In A Mixer Bowl Mix:
- 1 cup of pumpkin puree
- 1 cup of brown sugar, a bit less if using chocolate chips.
- 1/2 cup of oil, I use grapeseed oil.
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 egg
- Sift 2 cups of the flour, 2 teaspoons of the baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, 1 teaspoon of the cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon of the ginger and 1/4 teaspoon of the cloves.
- In a small bowl, dissolve 1 teaspoon of the baking soda in 1 teaspoon of the milk. Add to the batter.
- Add 3/4 cups of the chocolate chips or raisins and 3/4 cups of the walnuts.
- Bake on lightly greased cookie sheet for 8 minutes.
- Convection oven: 350 degrees / Regular oven: 375 degrees.