- 5 acorn squashes
- 10 apples
- 1 cup of dried cranberries
- 1 cup of chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- 2-3 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of maple syrup (plus more for drizzling)
- nonaerosol olive oil spray
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Wash and halve each acorn squash and remove seeds. Spray each half with the olive oil and place face down on the baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the apples, cranberries, nuts if using, cinnamon and maple syrup.
- Remove the squash from the oven and carefully stuff each half with the fruit mixture. Loosely tent with aluminum foil and return to the oven. Bake for additional 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and drizzle maple syrup over each half.
- Serve immediately.