The Hadley’s Date Shake is a definite highlight for the drive up to Palm Springs. However, that shake is loaded with calories. This version is half the calories and all the taste! It can also be made dairy-free!
I used 1% milk and Halo Top Vanilla Ice Cream for mine. I have also used Dreyer’s Vanilla Ice Cream and 2% milk. Both are much lower in fat, calories and sugar than the regular date shake and still delicious!
- 4 Medjool dates pitted and roughly chopped
- 1 cup of 1% or 2% milk
- 2 cups of Halo Top or Dreyer’s Vanilla Ice Cream (you can also use chocolate)
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- In a blender, combine the dates and milk and blend until smooth and frothy.
- Add the ice cream and the honey and pulse a few times until smooth.
- Pour into two glasses and serve immediately.