Since I have many friends who are gluten-free, I am always in search of a good gluten-free cookie recipe. This one is so easy, that I had to share it with you. It scored big points with both gluten-free and regular folks!
- 1 cup of smooth peanut butter
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat the peanut butter, sugar, baking soda, and salt at medium speed of your mixer, until well-blended.
- Add the egg and vanilla, and blend on low-medium speed until well incorporated.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the dough with a tablespoon measure and place onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and push the top of the dough to flatten just slightly.
- Bake the cookies for 8 to 10 minutes. Then remove them from the oven, and cool right on the pan. The tops should be slightly crinkled and you will want to pull them before they begin to brown on the edges.