Looking for an easy and delicious alternative to the chocolate chip cookie and brownie. Look no further. I have tried many a "blondie" recipe, and this one leaves the all in the dust!
1 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
1/2 cup ( 1 stick) unsalted butter or margarine
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
Other add-in options: walnuts, pecans, coconut or heath bits.
1. Preheat oven to 350 ℉
2. Line a 9X9 inch baking pan with parchment paper and lightly grease, then set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder and sea salt. Set aside.
4. Place the butter or margarine into a large pot over low heat. Gently melt it. Remove from heat and, using a wooden spoon, mix in the light brown sugar and stir until mixed well and the sugar is melted. Cool for 5 minutes. Quickly whisk in the egg. Add vanilla and whisk again. With the wooden spoon, slowly add the flour mixture, stirring to incorporate. Mix the chocolate chips or any other add-ins, such as nuts, heath bits or coconut.
5. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan, using a small spatula to smooth it evenly ito the corners. Level the top.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
7. Cool completely before cutting into bars. Don't over bake or the blondies will lose their signature chewiness!