This is another recipe that has been all over Instagram, having first seen it on Pamela Salzman’s page. Pamela serves it up as is, unsweetened. However, I know my customers (Jeff), and so I added some vanilla extract and maple syrup. The results are insanely good!!
- 10-12 tangerines peeled and separated into segments
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- After peeling the tangerines and separating them into segments, place them on a cookie sheet and freeze them for 4-6 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the freezer and immediately process in a food processor.
- The mixture will appear dry and crumbly, but this is a good time to add the vanilla and maple syrup.
- Continue to process until the sorbet turns creamy.
- Serve with shaved chocolate or cacao nibs.