Spaghetti Squash, the most underrated winter vegetable, is loaded with vitamins, minerals and fiber. It is also an incredibly versatile food, as proven by this low-carb version of pizza. After making this once for my family, it has become my most requested meal by far! And it is so easy, I often wonder what took me so long!
- 2 medium Spaghetti Squash
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups of good marinara sauce
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 ° F
- With a fork, pierce the skin of the spaghetti squash and microwave for 5 minutes to soften.
- Slice the spaghetti squash in half.
- Scoop out the seeds.
- Drizzle 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil on each half and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and roast the halves face down for about 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and turn each half over.
- Separate the strands with a fork.
- Mix through with marinara sauce.
- Cover each half with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 375° F for about 20 minutes, until cheese is melted and golden brown.
- Serve immediately.