To say that Jeff and I are obsessed with this dish is an understatement! We consume it once a week, and it will keep overnight so you can enjoy it the next day with no worries. The recipe calls for a lot of ginger which is known to aid n digestion and kill bacteria. The result is impressive and would make a wonderful appetizer for any dinner party that may be in your future! You can watch me make this delectable dish right now, RIGHT HERE.click to print
FOR THE TARTARE:
- 300 grams or a 1/2 to 3/4 pound of sushi grade Tuna (yellowfin is what I use), cut into small cubes
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 avocado, chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 cup diced cucumber
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- pinch of salt & pepper
FOR THE SAUCE:
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. grated ginger
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- Add all the sauce ingredients to a bowl and mix together. Set aside.
- Add the cut up tuna, and toasted sesame seeds directly to the bowl of sauce and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the chopped avocado, cucumber, lime juice, salt, and pepper.
- For an impressive presentation: place a layer of the avocado and cucumber salsa on the bottom of a 1 cup measuring cup, and top with the tuna. Invert on to a plate.