I am not one to follow food trends, but when I saw these avocado chips trending on the internet, I decided to see what all the hype was about. And lo and behold…I was hooked. Not only are they low carb and packed with protein, but they can be whipped up in minutes and ready to be devoured as a snack or used as a bread substitute. Best of all, there are only four ingredients…well five if you count “Everything But The Bagel Seasoning.”
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 egg
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Everything But The Bagel seasoning (optional)*
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl, mash the avocado.
Add the egg and mix well. Stir in the parmesan cheese. Squeeze approximately 2 teaspoons of lemon juice and combine well.
2. Depending on whether you want to create chips (thin) or bread (thicker), spoon dollops onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. then, using a flat rubber spatula or a knife, spread each one out to desired thickness. Sprinkle with seasoning or leave as is.
3. Everything But The Bagel Seasoning contains salt; a little goes a long way. In addition, the cheese is salty so adjust according to your taste and health requirements.
4. Bake at 350°F for 25-39 minutes. Store in the freezer or fridge.