There is nothing quite like roasted vegetables, unless you turn them into a sou! And that is exactly what I have done here. You will love this recipe, as it is easy and the soup is delicious! Watch the Instagram video I did HERE!Click to print
- 2 leeks cut into large chunks (White part only)
- 3 Roma tomatoes quartered
- 1 large or 2 medium zucchini cut into large chunks
- 4 cloves of garlic peeled and left whole
- 1 medium onion (either yellow or red) quartered
- 2 large carrots, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil (divided)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup of white wine
- 4 cups of vegetable broth
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Place the vegetables in a large bowl and spray or drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven, turning once, until tender.
- Transfer to a large stockpot heated with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Cook on medium-low heat.
- Add the white wine and broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer, cover with the lid and cook for an additional 30 minutes.
- Puree with a handheld immersion or regular blender.
- Spoon into a bowl and serve hot.