Trust me when I tell you that this is the most delicious cobbler you will ever taste. I had my doubts until I took a forkful…and couldn’t stop! Coupling the banana bread recipe with cobbler topping takes comfort food to the next level. The vegan element is an additional bonus. Thanks to Chloe Coscarelli for this incredible recipe!click to print
- Streusel Topping:
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup vegan margarine such as Earth’s Balance
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup soy, almond, or rice milk
- 1/2 cup vegan margarine, melted
- 3 ripe bananas, sliced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease an 8-inch square pan
To make the streusel topping: In a medium bowl, mix oats, sugar, flour, and margarine until crumbly.
- To make the cobbler: In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt until combined. Stir in non-dairy milk and melted margarine until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Pour the cobbler batter into the prepared pan and arrange bananas on top. Cover the bananas with the streusel topping and bake until golden brown, about 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean with a few crumbs clinging to it. Serve warm or at room temperature.