For some reason, I had 3 large zucchinis in my refrigerator vegetable drawer, and needed to use them before they “expired.” At that exact moment, my inbox received the Pinch Of Yum recipe of the day and it was like she read my mind. I have been following this blog for many years and have featured a few of Lindsay’s recipes throughout the years. This one is fantastic, although I tweaked it and added a cup of chocolate chips to the batter, knowing my audience; the resulting bars are so delicious…just ask Jeff and Yale, (my audience), who would have devoured the entire pan had I not removed it “Officer Lesley” style!
- 2 cups of rolled oats
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup of almond butter
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 8 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1–2 zucchini, grated and squeezed once (about 2 cups total, divided)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Set aside about half of the zucchini and chocolate chips to stir in later. Blend everything else together until a smooth-ish batter comes together.
- Stir in chocolate chips and zucchini. Pour batter into a square baking dish (9×9 or similar). Bake for 30-40 minutes, until the top, is golden brown and gently springs back when you press into it.
- For clean cuts, let it cool completely. (Or for hungry bellies, just get into it right warm out of the oven.) I like to store this in the refrigerator but you can serve warm or cold ALL DAY LONG! Snack, breakfast, dessert, all of it.