I am all about trends. I love to watch them and see what’s considered IN and what is considered to be OUT. Recently, my Instagram food feed was exploding with videos and photos of something so simple I almost had to ask myself why I hadn’t thought of it first?! Baked Feta Cheese is probably the easiest and most delicious food. I am a lover of this cheese, so to me it was very much a “no-brainer.” You can either serve it on its own with crackers and crudité like endive leaves, or go for it, adding roasted cherry tomatoes and cooked penne pasta with fresh basil. No matter how you decide to serve it, it’s a showstopper for your guests and their tastebuds!
The RecipeTap to print
- First off, preheat your oven to 400° F.
- Next, grab a pretty 9×13 baking pan. I like to simplify so I cook and serve it from my prettiest oven-safe dish. You could also use a large cast-iron skillet.
- Add a cup or more of ripe cherry tomatoes and drizzle them with about a 1/4 cup of good olive oil. Add pepper and kosher salt.
- Next, mix in 3 minced garlic cloves. When everything is incorporated, add a 7-8 ounce block of Feta Cheese to the center and drizzle with more olive oil and add freshly ground pepper.
- Bake in the 400° F oven for approximately 15-20 minutes until soft and creamy.
- Once you remove the cheese from the oven, you could stop here and serve it as an appetizer with crusty bread, some crudité or crackers.
- |Or you could continue and prepare it as a pasta dish, as I do below:
8. Mix the baked cheese with the now roasted tomatoes.
9. Add about 2 cups of freshly cooked penne pasta (or pasta of your choice) to the pan toss with 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves.
10. Mix well and serve immediately!