Our family loves a good bowl of tomato soup; it must be the comfort factor. I tweaked a recipe I found for a faux creamy version and the results were amazing. this soup is so easy to prepare that I guarantee you will have it memorized after one prep. The secret to the creaminess is the white beans, so don’t skip those! And you can prepare this all-vegan if you replace the butter with vegan butter. Here is an Instagram reels that I made to go along with this recipe.click to print
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of butter, olive oil, or vegan butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 small carrots. peeled and diced
- 2- 15 oz cans of crushed or diced tomatoes or tomato puree
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ground pepper to taste
- 1- 15 ounce can of cannellini or great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups of vegetable stock
- Heat the butter (or oil or vegan butter) in a medium sized pot over medium high heat.
- Add the onion and carrots and sauté until the onion is tender and translucent…about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the white beans and stock, bring toa boil, and simmer, partially covered, for 20 miutes.
- Puree the soup in the pot with an immersion blender. You will want to get it quite smooth. Alternatively, you can use a regular blender, but make sure to blend well.