Do not use store-bought cranberry sauce…here is an easy and incredibly delicious cranberry sauce, that you will be tempted to eat by the spoonful!
- 6 cups of (two 12 ounce bags) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2/3 cup of granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup of firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of orange juice
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- In a 2 to 3 quart pan over high heat, bring all ingredients except vanilla to simmering.
- Simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, until cranberries are tender when pierced, 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Let cool to room temperature
Serve or chill in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.