Delicious and so easy to prepare. This recipe is a must-have to pull out when you are in need of a pasta dish and you are short on time!
- 1 pound of capellini or other thin spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of freshly ground pepper
- 5 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon of dried parsley
- 1 1/2 cups of frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup of freshly grated romano cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but firm to the bite, stirring occasionally for about 8-10 minutes. Drain the pasta, reserving 2 cups of the pasta water.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Add the shallots, garlic, carrot, salt and pepper. Cook until tender, about 8 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and a 1/2 cup of the hot pasta water. Stir to melt the tomato paste and create a sauce. Stir in the oregano, thyme, parsley and peas.
- Gently fold in the pasta and the cheeses, adding the reserved pasta water if necessary.
- Transfer to a platter and serve immediately.