When Jeff and I spent the night in Paris this week, we had dinner at a great bistro called “Substance.” We both ordered the green gazpacho soup as an appetizer and after one spoonful, we looked up at each other and said: “wow…this is delicious!” Quelle damage that I neglected to ask the chef for the recipe. Upon returning home to LA, I was determined to recreate it. I scoured the internet for recipes that I thought might be similar, and came up with this one from All Recipes that was a near match!
- 2 cups of diced honeydew melon
- 1 English (seedless) cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
(adjust amount based on your desired level of spiciness)
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup of white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Blend the honeydew melon, cucumber, onion, avocado, jalapeno pepper, garlic, white balsamic vinegar, lime juice, salt and black pepper in a blender or food processor, until smooth.
- Adjust the seasonings if desired and chill before serving.