If you’re anything like me, you are constantly on the go. These raw date bars are full of so many good things that I pop a small one into my mouth whenever I need a quick pick me up, without the guilt!
- 1 cup of Quick Oats
- 4 tablespoon of Chia Seeds
- 1/4 cup of Sunflower Seeds
- 1/4 cup of pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup of hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup of Coconut Oil
- 10-12 Dates, Seeded and Chopped
- 1/4 cup of walnuts (optional)
- Unsweetened Coconut Flakes for Topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the oats, chia seeds, hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, and coconut oil together in a bowl, evenly coating the granola mixture with the oil.
- Spread on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 15 minutes, stir and then bake for 10 minutes more, or until golden brown. Let cool for five to ten minutes.
- To create the bars, mix the warm granola with the chopped dates in a large bowl and stir with a large wooden spoon, cutting the mixture together until it is completely combined. Add the walnuts for extra crunch if desired.
- Line an 8 x 8 glass dish with parchment paper, and evenly press the date and granola mix into the prepared dish. Sprinkle coconut flakes on top.
- Cover the top with plastic wrap, and freeze the bars for two to three hours. Slice and serve.
- To store, wrap the bars in parchment paper, and store in the refrigerator.