If you’re anything like me, you are constantly on the go. These raw date bars are full of so many good things that I pop a small one into my mouth whenever I need a quick pick me up, without the guilt!
- 1 cup of quick oats
- 4 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 1/4 cup of sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup of pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup of hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil
- 10-12 dates, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup of walnuts (optional)
- unsweetened coconut flakes for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the oats, chia seeds, hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and coconut oil together in a bowl, evenly coating the granola mixture with the oil.
- Spread on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 15 minutes, stir and then bake for 10 minutes more or until golden brown. Let cool for five to ten minutes.
- To create the bars, mix the warm granola with the chopped dates in a large bowl and stir with a large wooden spoon, cutting the mixture together until it is completely combined. Add the walnuts for extra crunch if desired.
- Line an 8 x 8 glass dish with parchment paper, and evenly press the date and granola mix into the prepared dish. Sprinkle the coconut flakes on top.
- Cover the top with plastic wrap and freeze the bars for two to three hours. Slice and serve.
- To store, wrap the bars in parchment paper and store in the refrigerator.