- 3 tablespoons of Thai sweet chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons of hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons of light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of Sriracha
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of minced garlic (4 Cloves)
- 1 tablespoon of minced fresh ginger for the Filling
- 1 pound of ground chicken
- 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 8 scallions, sliced thinly keep the whites and greens separate
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic (2 cloves)
- 1 tablespoon of minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 pound of white mushrooms, trimmed, cleaned, and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup of finely diced canned water chestnuts (OR! add a full cup for more crunch!)
- 1 small red bell pepper finely chopped
- 1/2 cup of pomegranate seeds
- 2 heads of butter lettuce leaves separated
- In a bowl add the chili sauce, hoisin, soy sauce, Sriracha, vegetable oil, sesame oil, vinegar, garlic and ginger.
To make the filling:
- In a bowl, mix 2 tablespoons of the sauce into the ground chicken.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil over medium heat.
- Add the chicken. While cooking, break the meat up until brown (5 to 6 mins).
- Remove the meat from the pan and set aside.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon to the skillet and add the scallion whites, garlic, ginger and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the cooked chicken to the mixture and add the water chestnuts, and the rest of the sauce and cook until the sauce thickens.
- Stir in the pomegranate seeds. Stir in the green part of the scallions.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and set out with the lettuce leaves. Serves 6-8