- 4 red apples (Fuji, Honeycrisp or Pink Lady)
- 1 cup of good dessert or sweet wine
- 1/2 cup of maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons of good balsamic vinegar (fig or cherry flavored works well)
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of dried tart cherries or cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Core the apples and place in 8×8 square pan.
- Mix the wine, vinegar and maple syrup in a medium bowl and pour over the apples.
- Turn the apples around in the wine mixture and coat on all sides.
- Fill the center of each apple with the dried cherries and/or cranberries.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon on the top of each apple. Bake for 30-45 minutes, basting the apples every 15 minutes, or turn them after 20 minutes.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream!