I have been trying to find a recipe for roasted brussels sprouts that adds a bit of sweetness to them, but none of them passed the Fabulesley test. So I came up with this one all by myself…. the results speak for themselves!
- 1 1/2 pounds of brussels sprouts
- 3 tablespoons of good olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 1/4 good balsamic vinegar (I like to use a thick one that is often called Balsamic Glaze)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- After removing the bottoms, wash and halve the sprouts.
- Place in a microwave-safe bowl and soften them for about 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer to a large bowl and toss in the oil and salt and pepper.
- Mix them in a bowl with the olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Transfer them to a sheet pan and roast for 35 to 40 minutes, until crisp outside and tender inside.
- Shake the pan from time to time to brown the brussels sprouts evenly. Add more salt to taste.
- In a microwave-safe bowl heat up the maple syrup and balsamic vinegar.
- Transfer the brussels sprouts to a large bowl and toss in the maple syrup and vinegar mixture. Depending on your desired level of sweetness, you can add more.