This recipe is my new go-to for butternut squash. After trying this, I know you will agree with me!
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1-inch pieces (or you can purchase pre-cut ones at your grocery store. I found them at Trader Joe’s).
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground turmeric
- a pinch of cayenne pepper
- a few grinds of freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of unrefined virgin coconut oil, (melted)
- 2 tablespoons of pure grade A maple syrup
- juice of 1 orange
- 2 tablespoons of flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper.
- Place the squash in a large bowl and the salt, spices, oil, maple syrup, and orange juice. Toss to combine and pour onto a prepared baking sheet.
- Roast in the oven until tender, 30 to 40 minutes, tossing halfway to ensure even browning.
- Garnish with the parsley and serve hot, warm, or at room temperature.