- coconut oil for pan
- 1 cup of creamy unsweetened, unsalted almond butter
- 1/2 cup of pure grade A maple syrup or honey
- 1/4 cup of raw, cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of instant coffee powder, regular or decaf (optional)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups of shredded zucchini (about 2 small)
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease an eight or nine-inch square pan with the coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, combine the almond butter, maple syrup, cocoa powder, salt, coffee powder (if using), egg, vanilla, and baking soda until smooth.
- Stir in the zucchini, chocolate chips and nuts (if using).
- Pour into prepared pan and bake until just set and insert a toothpick into the center and if it comes out clean then it’s ready. Do not over bake.
- A nine-inch pan will take about 30 minutes; an eight-inch pan will take about 35 minutes.