Spring is on the way, and this salad could not be more perfect or delicious!
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 c. chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup chopped dates
- 2 lb. brussels sprouts, shredded
- 1 large Fuji apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/4 c. freshly grated pecorino (optional)
In a small bowl whisk together vinegar, 2 tbsp olive oil, honey, parsley, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper. Set aside.
Warm a small dry skillet over low heat, toast walnuts until lightly golden, about 1 to 2 minutes.
Toss together brussels sprouts, apples,dates and walnuts with half the dressing. Mix in additional dressing if desired.
Transfer to serving platter and top with grated Pecorino, if using.