Here is the easiest and tastiest fish taco recipe. If it’s Tuesday, it’s Taco Tuesday!
- 3 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 teaspoons of chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 pound of cod (or other flaky white fish)
- 1/2 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 avocado, cubed
- lime wedges, for serving
- sour cream, for serving
For the corn slaw:
- 1/4 cup of mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 2 cup of shredded purple cabbage
- 1 cup of corn kernels
- 1 jalapeño, minced
- In a medium shallow bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, chili powder, cumin, and cayenne.
- Add the cod, tossing the filets in the mixture to evenly coat. Let marinate for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the slaw: In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, lime juice, cilantro, and honey. Stir in the cabbage, corn, and jalapeño. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat, heat the vegetable oil.
- Remove the cod from the marinade and season both sides of each filet with salt and pepper.
- Place the fish on the pan, flesh side down. Cook until the fish is opaque and cooked through (3 to 5 minutes per side). Let rest for about 5 minutes before flaking the fish with a fork.
- Assemble tacos: Serve the fish over grilled tortillas with corn slaw and avocado. Squeeze lime juice on top and garnish with sour cream.