I discovered a version of this salad on Instagram and tweaked it a bit to make it my own. I love the dressing, which doubles as a sauce that you could use for a chicken or vegetable stir fry. Store extra dressing in the fridge.
FOR THE DRESSING:
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy or tamari sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 lime juiced
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1/4 -1/2 teaspoon sriracha (optional)
- 2 tablespoons warm water or more to taste for consistency
FOR THE SALAD:
- 1 cup purple cabbage
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 cucumber chopped
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 handful basil, chopped
- 1 cup edamame, shelled
- 4 cups or 1 bag of arugula
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts
- In a jar, combine all of the ingredients for the dressing and shake well.
- To a large bowl, add all of the vegetables. Toss with the dressing and top with the peanuts.