If you’re looking for a healthy version of the Snickers Bar, you just came to the right place! Only five ingredients and it’s even kosher for Passover, if you swap out the peanuts and peanut butter for almonds and almond butter. Enjoy!!
12 dates pitted and soaked for 10 minutes in boiling hot water
4 tablespoons peanut or any nut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons water
1.5 cups Almond Flour
4 tablespoons peanut or nut butter
1.5 tablespoons date caramel
Roasted peanuts or almonds
1.5 cups dark chocolate chips, melted
- Combine all date caramel ingredients and process until smooth and spreadable.
- Combine all nougat layer ingredients in a food processor and process until it comes together and consistency is cohesive.
- Press into a greased or parchment-lined loaf pan. Spread date caramel on top.
- Cover with nuts and press in firmly
- Freeze for a couple of hours or overnight.
- Remove from freezer and cut into bars.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a glass bowl in the microwave.
- Dip the bars completely into the chocolate.
- Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Return to the freezer for 10 minutes to harden.