I had a box of pomegranate seeds in the fridge; they had about a day left before they would turn bad, so I looked for a way of using them up in a delicious way. And that’s when I created this smoothie. Use a bit of pomegranate juice, a frozen banana and any frozen berries you have on hand, some Greek (or plant-based) yogurt, and a little bit of honey, and you’re good to go! It makes the perfect Valentine’s Day smoothie too!
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds, plus more for garnish
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 cup frozen blueberries or any berries
- 1/2 cup low-fat Greek or plant-based yogurt
- 4 teaspoons honey
- Place all ingredients into a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!