Packed with protein and flavor, these noodles hit the spot!
- Coarse salt
- 1 pound of spaghetti
- 8 ounces snow peas,
- 1 red, yellow and orange pepper cut into long strips.
- 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter spread
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeds removed (optional)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook pasta al dente, according to the package instructions. Drain, and rinse with cold water.
- In a blender, combine peanut butter, garlic, jalapeño (if using), soy sauce, rice vinegar, water, sesame oil, and 1/4 teaspoon salt; puree until smooth.
- In a wok or large frying pan, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add peppers and toss constantly for 5 minutes. Next, add broccoli and continue to toss until slightly soft and bright green in color. Finally, add the snow peas constantly tossing for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add the noodles to the wok. If using a frying pan, transfer vegetables and noodles to a large work bowl. Pour the sauce over reserved the vegetables and pasta; toss to coat.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.