You have not truly lived autumnally until you have tried these acorn squash rings! I guarantee that you will be counting down the days to autumn, just to make this fabulous side dish!
- 2 acorn squashes
- 1/4 of cup maple syrup
- 3 tbsp vegan margarine (or regular butter)
- 2 heaping teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Wash each squash well, then dry with a towel.
- Trim the top and bottom off, then cut each squash in half through the center.
- Remove the inner seeds and strings.
- Lay each cut half on its flat side, and cut straight down toward the cutting board to make 1-inch thick slices.
- In a small bowl, microwave melt margarine or butter. Add pumpkin pie spice and maple syrup.
Stir well with a spoon.
- Place the cut slices on a rimmed sheet pan in a single layer, then brush with the spiced margarine/butter. Add a pinch of salt. Bake for 20 minutes or until brown
- flip the squash and brush with the remaining mixture. (optional: Drizzle a little more syrup on top). over top. Return to oven for 10 minutes.
- Serve warm.