Berries and toasted almonds top this new version of an old favorite. maple syrup and vanilla with a touch of nutmeg, give it that something extra. Although Jeff has been snacking on this all week, I would suggest serving it for either breakfast or brunch.
- 3 large eggs
- 3 ½ cups of whole milk
- ¼ cup of pure maple syrup, plus more for serving
- 2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- ¼ cup of (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled, divided, plus more for greasing
- 4 cups of old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 2 cups of mixed berries, sliced if strawberries
- ½ cup of sliced almonds, lightly toasted
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Grease a 13-by-9-inch baking dish with butter. Whisk eggs, milk, syrup, vanilla, nutmeg, and 2 tablespoons melted butter in a large bowl. Add oats, baking powder, and salt; stir to combine. Transfer to baking dish; spread in a mostly even layer using a spatula. Top with berries and almonds.
- Bake until lightly golden and firm in the center, 40 to 45 minutes. Let rest for 10 minutes. Drizzle or brush with the remaining 2 tablespoons of melted butter. Serve with more syrup.
Exactly what we need for breakfast this week. I love that I can make it and then eat it all week long.