I was scrolling through “Healthy Tik Tok Recipes” and came across this one, At first glance I was extremely skeptical. But both Pam and Caroline insisted that we give it a try. After tweaking the ingredients and measurements, the results were a resounding YES!!! Using nutritional yeast gives the dip a cheesy taste while keeping it strictly vegan. We could have added more jalapeños for more of a kick. I will leave that part up to you. But do try this, because it’s so good for you!
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 jalapeño (seeds removed) and chopped
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 head of cauliflower, stem removed, cut into small pieces
- 3 chopped carrots
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 teaspoons tamari
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 3/4 cup raw cashews
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Over medium-high heat sauté the jalapeños until soft. Remove and set aside.
2. In the same pan sauté the onions and carrots until they caramelize, about 7-19 minutes.
3. Add the vegetable broth, onion and garlic powders, tamari, cashews and cauliflower. Cover pot with lid and simmer until the cauliflower is fork tender, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and add the nutritional yeast and apple cider vinegar.
4. Transfer to a blender or food processor and blend/process until creamy smooth. You can add a little more broth 1-2 tablespoons maximum if you feel it is too thick. The important thing is to get it really smooth!
5. You can serve this warm with crudité or taco chips, or refrigerate and serve later. Both ways are fantastic!!