Talk about an easy salad…this Carrot Slaw is the salad that keeps on giving. That is, with each passing day, as the sweet dressing is fully absorbed into the carrot shreds, it becomes more and more flavorful. The4 pecans and raisin combo is delicious and will definitely satisfy any sweet tooth craving. Full disclosure, I eat this as a dessert, it is that good! You can use either bagged shredded carrots, or shred them on your own. Please note that if you are using bagged shredded carrots, you should let the dressing absorb into the slaw for at least an hour before serving, in order to get the full effect of the flavorful dressing.
- 5 carrots grated or 1 bag shredded carrots
- 1/2 chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 3/4 cup of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of orange zest
- 3 tablespoons of orange juice
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- finely minced shallot
- Combine the carrots, pecans and raisins
- In a jar, combine all dressing ingredients and shake vigorously. Add half of the jar of dressing to the salad, and store the rest.