- 8 skin-on bone-in chicken of your choice; about 3 pounds (1.5 kg.) total weight
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 4-6 potatoes (any variety, including Garnet yams), peeled and cut into wedges
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 big squirt of tomato ketchup
- 1 squirt of honey
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the chicken, onion, and potatoes in a roasting pan or rectangular baking dish and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the ketchup, honey, soy sauce, and Worcestershire sauce. Use your hands to slather them evenly over the chicken and potatoes.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil and place in the oven for 30 minutes. Uncover the pan, reduce the oven temperature to 325 degrees, and continue to cook until the chicken is golden brown, sticky, and perfect (about 2 hours longer).
- Serve right away (serves 4-6)!