- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 cup of chopped onion
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 14.5-ounce can of unsalted petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 1/2 cups of unsalted chicken stock, such as Swanson
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 8 ounces of whole-grain spaghetti or linguine, such as Barilla
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 10-ounce of fresh spinach
- 1-ounce of parmesan cheese, grated, about 1/4 cup)
- Heat a Dutch oven or large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the oil and swirl to coat.
- Add the onion and the garlic to the pan. Sauté for 3 minutes or until the onion starts to brown.
- Add the tomatoes, stock, oregano and pasta, in that order. Bring to a boil. Add the noodles and stir to submerge in liquid.
- Uncover and stir in the salt. Add the spinach in batches, stirring until the spinach wilts. Remove from heat, and let stand 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the cheese and serve!