- 2 1/4 cup of water
- 1 cup of sugar
- 3/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup of semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Combine 1 1/2 cups of the water with the sugar, cocoa powder and salt in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Whisking constantly, bring to a boil. Boil for about 1 minute. Remove from the heat and transfer to a large bowl.
- Stir in the chocolate chips until melted. Add vanilla and remaining water.
- Use a hand mixer to blend until frothy.
- Refrigerate until very cold, about 1 hour, then transfer bowl to the freezer for 2 hours. Blend with hand mixer again until airy and transfer to the freezer for another 2 hours.
- Blend with hand mixer one last time, then transfer to a loaf pan and freeze until set, 1-2 hours.