When I was searching for a paleo-friendly salad, I came across this one on the Paleo Running Mama website. It’s absolutely wonderful and bursting with flavor and nutrients!
Thanks to Paleo Running Mama for providing this wonderful recipe!
- 2 cups of sweet potatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil, plus sea salt for potatoes
- 3 cups of kale, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil, plus sea salt for kale
- 2 cups of brussels sprouts, shredded
- 2 cups of red cabbage, shredded
- 3/4 cups of cashews
- 1/3 cup of dried tart cherries, no sugar added
- 2 1/2 tablespoons of lemon juice (about one lemon)
- 1 teaspoon of stone-ground mustard
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper
- 2 teaspoons of maple syrup
- 1/3 cup of light flavored olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees to roast the potatoes.
- Toss in the olive oil and salt and spread in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Roast for about 25 minutes, until browning and soft.
- Place the cashews on a separate baking sheet and roast for the last 6-7 minutes with the potatoes, or until toasty, sprinkle with sea salt if desired.
- Massage the kale in the olive oil and salt for about a minute until the desired texture is achieved.
- Toss with the shredded brussels sprouts, cabbage, roasted cashews, cherries and sweet potatoes.
- For the dressing, place all ingredients in a tall container and blend with an immersion blender until smooth. Alternatively, you can whisk ingredients together in a bowl, streaming the oil in slowly while whisking.
- Toss the salad with the dressing and serve right away or refrigerate until ready to serve. This salad can be prepared and dressed a day ahead of time without a problem.