When I was searching for a paleo friendly salad, I came across this one on the Paleo Running Mama website. It’s absolutely wonderful and bursting with flavor and nutrients!
Thanks to Paleo Running Mama for providing this wonderful recipe!
- 2 cups sweet potatoes diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus sea salt for potatoes
- 3 cups kale chopped
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, plus sea salt for kale
- 2 cups brussels sprouts shredded
- 2 cups red cabbage shredded
- 3/4 cups cashews
- 1/3 cup dried tart cherries no sugar added
- 2 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice about one lemon
- 1 tsp stone ground mustard
- 1/8-1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1/3 cup light flavored olive oil
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees to roast the potatoes. Toss in the olive oil and salt and spread in a single layer on a parchment lined baking sheet. Roast about 25 minutes, until browning and soft.
Place cashews on a separate baking sheet and roast for the last 6-7 minutes with the potatoes, or until toasty, sprinkle with sea salt if desired.
Massage the kale in olive oil and salt for about a minute until desired texture is achieved. Toss with the shredded brussels sprouts, cabbage, roasted cashews, cherries, and sweet potatoes.
For the dressing, place all ingredients in a tall container and blend with an immersion blender until smooth. Alternatively, you can whisk ingredients together in a bowl, streaming the oil in slowly while whisking.
Toss the salad with the dressing and serve right away or refrigerate until ready to serve. This salad can be prepared and dressed a day ahead of time without a problem. Enjoy!