This is a summer salad that will be on repeat all season. Easy to prepare, it is delicious with or without the chicken.
- 1/4 cup of cashew butter
- 2 tablespoons of unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of Grade A maple syrup
- 1 medium clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt, plus more to taste
- a few grinds of pepper
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breasts
- (vegan option: blanched green beans)
- Olive oil for brushing chicken, peaches, and corn
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 3 medium-size firm but ripe peaches, pitted and quartered
- 3 ears of corn husked and silks removed
- 6-7 ounces of lettuce of choice, either Romaine, Butter or mixed greens
- 1 large avocado, peeled, pitted and cubed
- 1/3 cup of sweet and spicy pecans or candied pecans, such as Trader Joe’s prepared pecans.
- Prepare the dressing: Place 1/4 cup of water and all the ingredients in a high powered blender or handheld food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Taste for seasoning. Refrigerate until ready to use. The dressing will thicken as it sits, especially overnight.
- Lightly brush the chicken with oil, salt, and paprika and either grill on the BBQ over medium to medium-high heat OR add a tablespoon of olive oil to a heated frying pan and cook for about 5-7 minutes per side, depending on thickness.
- Alternatively, you can use a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken or cooked cold leftover chicken.
- Brush the peaches and corn with oil and grill on BBQ or in a cast iron grill pan for a minute or two on each side so that they have light grill marks.
- Then slice the peaches crosswise into thirds or fourths and cut the corn kernels off the cob.
- Slice the chicken crosswise into 1/2 inch slices or as desired.
- Place the greens in a bowl. Add the corn, and drizzle the dressing lightly to coat and toss.
- Arrange on a platter and top with the peaches, avocado, and pecans. Drizzle with additional dressing and serve. Serves 6