This recipe for baked wild cod is a winner for all the right reasons. It is easy to prepare and is a healthy and delicious meal choice.
- 4 cod filets, about 1-inch thick
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for baking dish
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes
- 1 lemon, sliced, plus more for garnish
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed but not peeled
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 2 tablespoons of freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and pat the cod fillets with a paper towel until dry.
- Season all over with the salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the olive oil, cherry tomatoes, lemon slices, garlic and thyme.
- Brush a baking dish with the olive oil. Pour the tomato-oil mixture into the dish, then nestle in the cod.
- Bake until the fish is opaque and flakes easily with a fork, about 15 minutes.
- Serve garnished with parsley, more lemon juice, and pan sauce.