This recipe for baked wild cod is a winner for all the right reasons. It is easy to prepare and is a healthy and delicious meal choice.
- 4 cod filets, about 1-inch thick
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for baking dish
- 1 c. cherry tomatoes
- 1 lemon, sliced, plus more for garnish
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed but not peeled
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 2 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
Preheat the oven to 400° and pat cod fillets with a paper towel until dry. Season all over with salt and pepper.
In a medium bowl, combine olive oil, cherry tomatoes, lemon slices, garlic, and thyme.
Brush a baking dish with olive oil. Pour tomato-oil mixture into dish, then nestle in cod.
Bake until fish is opaque and flakes easily with a fork, about 15 minutes.
Serve garnished with parsley, more lemon juice and pan sauce.