I am obsessed with Chrissy Teigen’s recipe books. They are filled with delicious and creative recipes, fabulous photos and a lot of humor! This recipe is so simple yet so delicious!!
- 1 1/4 pounds of skinless chicken breasts or thighs, sliced into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons of oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons of light soy sauce
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1 serrano chile (optional) or a couple of shakes of red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 3 cups of basil leaves
- cooked Jasmine rice for serving
- In a bowl, toss the chicken with the oyster sauce and soy sauce and marinate for 10 minutes.
- Mash the garlic and chile or red pepper flakes (if using), until finely mashed.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat the oil over medium-high heat. When the oil is simmering hot, add the garlic-chile mixture and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Increase the heat to high, add the chicken, and cook, stirring, until just cooked through, about 4 minutes. Add the basil and cook until wilted, about 1 minute.