When one of my favorite bloggers, Aimee Song, of the über popular blog, “Song Of Style,” posted her recipe for the Best Roasted Sweet Potatoes, I sat up and took notice! I served it up last week to rave reviews by Jeff and Yale. I recreated the recipe using an olive oil atomizer, which cuts the fat significantly.
- 2-3 sweet potatoes or yams, scrubbed, (unpeeled), and cut into wedges.
- olive oil nonpropellant cooking spray
- parchment paper
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- Trader Joe’s “Everything But The Bagel” seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper
- Scrub sweet potatoes and cut into wedges. Spray the parchment liberally with the olive oil
- Place the wedges on the paper, turning them to coat with the oil.
- Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Turn off the oven.
- Remove the baking sheets and turn the potatoes.
Add the seasoning and garlic.
- Return to the oven (which has been turned off). Leave in the oven for 10-15 minutes, this crisps them to perfection!